The Missions Ministry at Agape is committed to local, national, and global missions. Individually and as a church, we are called to share the good news of Jesus Christ with those in need of the gospel message and to reach out to those who do not have a church home.
Agape Baptist Church partners with the Tarrant Baptist Assocation (4% of budget offerings), Baptist General Convention of Texas (6% of budget offerings), Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and the Baptist World Alliance
Each year Agape promotes the Mary Hill Davis Offering for state missions and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Global Missions Offering. A Global Missions banquet is held each December to launch the mission offering that includes both home and international missions. Offerings are also accepted for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Annie Armstrong Offering for Home Missions.
Luella Merrett Elementary School
- Collecting school supplies and uniforms for students.
- Christmas gifts of clothing for needy students
- Honoring teachers with luncheons twice each year
- Providing our sanctuary for 5th grade graduation followed by a reception
We help Karen, Chin, and other refugees from Myanmar (Burma) in the following ways:
- Providing host families to help them
- Providing household furnishings and other necessitites not provided by local agencies
- Transportation to doctors’ offices, hospitals, grocery stores, and Asian markets
- Helping them register their children for school
- Providing school supplies and uniforms
- A food bank at the church for new arrivals, before they receive food stamps
- Teaching ESL and GED classes, computer skills, and crafts
- Helping them learn to drive a car
- Assisting in search for jobs.
- Mentoring and being friends
- Bible study classes and Karen speaking worship service on Sundays
We also provide a monthly lunch for Baptist Student Ministries at Texas Weslyan University, support WestAid, and participate in local and global short-term mission trip experiences.