Candidacy for Membership
Any person may offer himself/herself as a candidate for membership at Agape Baptist Church in any of the following ways:
- By a public profession of faith in Jesus Christ as personal savior, and baptism by immersion (going under the water) according to the policies of this church.
- By transfer of membership by letter from another church of like faith and order.
- By a statement of prior conversion experience and believer’s baptism by immersion in a church of like faith and order, when no letter is obtainable.
All such candidates shall be presented for membership to the church at any regular church service and elected to church membership at a church business conference.
Types of Church Members
- Active Members: persons who are duly received into the church’s membership, and who become and remain active in the church fellowship
- Inactive Members: members of the church who are not recently active in the church fellowship
- Persons under Watch Care: persons requesting to come under the ministry care of this church while remaining members of another church may be received by this church under Watch Care