I preached concerning the state of the church on January 7, 2013, promoting the resiliency of the Agape Baptist Church, and I shared about the importance of responding to God’s grace obedient ways. Many of you have asked that I share the main points of the sermon in a written form. You will find these below.
WAYS THAT AGAPE CAN RESPOND POSITIVELY TO GOD’S GRACE IN 2013…
First, I call us to a greater sense of church unity. How?
- Let’s accomplish the following during February
- Begin a worship service and fellowship at Fort Worth Academy on February 2 from 5-7pm.
- Begin a Lenten evangelism emphasis using Oscar Thompson’s “Concentric Circles of Concern.” This emphasis will begin Wednesday, February 13 at 6:30pm in Faith Hall.
- Devote an entire day to prayer for Christian spiritual renewal in our church and in Fort Worth on February 16.
- Emphasize God’s provision during the month of March through a variety of activities.
- Begin an annual church picnic in June in honor of how the church started.
- Begin an annual September joint Bible study celebration, worship, and lunch in honor of the first morning worship service at Agape.
- Culminate a year’s worth of evangelistic and missional emphases in November with a “Join the Church Day.”
- Highlight testimonies/stories of our church members.
Second, pay off the loan on our Harris Parkway property by the end of this year.
Third, call a team of people to develop a Master Plan for our church–a plan for developing a presence and publicity on Harris Parkway as well as taking note of how we can best support and maintain the invaluable missions work on the Southwest Boulevard campus.